Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 configuration

Tazio4436
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 30 DID's and we are using only couple of them right now.

2 are FAX and 1 as a phone line.

The VG224 is connected to the voice patch.

Port 1 and 2 on voice patch are doing the FAX .

Port 3 is a phone line.

I need configure some ports with Ext number so that it will be doing PA. I just need to handover the ports on the voice patch to a consultant and he will be doing the TAMB and PA parts.

I have a Cisco 2911 and UCS connected to the network.

I have couple of questions which if answered will clear my doubts

(1)Where do i check the configuration of the working ports of the voice patch (for the FAX line and for the phone line) and what are the commands?

(2)What are some commands that I can use to see more information on the cisco2911 apart from sh run so that i can get information about the time slots, controller, which ontroler is being used etc.

(3)where are the DIDs configured? and commands to see

Thanks

Tazio

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tazio,

Please find the answers below:

(1)Where do i check the configuration of the working ports of the voice patch (for the FAX line and for the phone line) and what are the commands?

You can check this by navigating to Device --> gateway and selecting the VG224 configured. You can check the configuration of all registered ports here.

(2)What are some commands that I can use to see more information on the cisco2911 apart from sh run so that i can get information about the time slots, controller, which Controller is being used etc.

You can use the below commands:

For checking the controller status:

sh isdn status

sh controllers t1 (or) sh controllers e1 (based on whether you are using t1/e1)

sh diag  - Will give you details of all the modules and slots/subslots

show inventory - will show you all connected modules in the Gateway

You need to check this in the Gateway configuration or CUCM depending on where the number translations are done

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

View solution in original post

if you are not getting correct CLI, internally or externally. Are you using any translation. What protocol did you used to configure the  Vg224 port ?

You should be able to connect the PA using the new line configured.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Most Probably your 2911 will be acting as a gateway where your PRI gets terminated from ITSP. Show running will provide you the information how it's configured and what protocol it used.

VG224  can be configured as MGCP,SCCP,H323 etc.. if you take the show run from VG224 you will get more information.

Check from CUCM how they are configured.

Response Signature

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tazio,

Please find the answers below:

You can check this by navigating to Device --> gateway and selecting the VG224 configured. You can check the configuration of all registered ports here.

(2)What are some commands that I can use to see more information on the cisco2911 apart from sh run so that i can get information about the time slots, controller, which Controller is being used etc.

You can use the below commands:

For checking the controller status:

sh isdn status

sh controllers t1 (or) sh controllers e1 (based on whether you are using t1/e1)

sh diag  - Will give you details of all the modules and slots/subslots

show inventory - will show you all connected modules in the Gateway

You need to check this in the Gateway configuration or CUCM depending on where the number translations are done

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am going to try to configure a phone line today.

I will let you all know , how it went.

Regards

Tazio

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.

I managed to configure a new phone line but with a little issue.

When I call the DID for the new line the phone rings and there is 2 way communication.

When I make a call from the new line , it works but I am not getting the correct CLI. In fact I am getting another number as the caller.

I have been looking at the first phone line how it was done and tried to do the same thing for the second phone line but I think there is something wrong somewhere as both phone line now shows the first phone line when making a call out.

Now I will have to do the other part, where I need to configure an ext for paging. My first challenge is how to create an ext without a phone line?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tazio

if you are not getting correct CLI, internally or externally. Are you using any translation. What protocol did you used to configure the  Vg224 port ?

You should be able to connect the PA using the new line configured.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

At our reception customers call on 2 lines

Customer calls on line 1 ---->1111111111

Customer calls on line 2----->2222222222

These 2 lines are mapped by the ISP to go on two DIDs

When customer calls 1111111111 is goes to DID 31111111111

When customer calls 2222222222 is goes to DID 32222222222

Our DID List are 3111111111 to 3999999999

DID 33333333333 was configured as an analog phone line and it works fine

I configured DID 3444444444 as a second analog line.

When I call 3444444444 from external it works

When I make a call from 3444444444 to an external number it shows wrong CLI. In fact it shows CLI as 3333333333.

Internally I cannot call the DID 3444444444 but I can call the ext 4444 and the phone rings.

This is how the VG ports have been configured.

!

voice-port 2/4

cptone CA

timeouts ringing infinity

!

dial-peer voice 2004 pots

service mgcpapp

port 2/4

Thanks

Tazio

Thank you very much to all of you.

It is working fine now and I am getting the correct CLI.

I am not  sure what played the trick.

I know in CCM--->Devices--->Gateway---the port I used. We have End point name and description. The end point name was wrong and also I always just Save and Apply config but this time I click on Reset too.

Not sure which one helped me but it is working.

Now I will start doing the port for TAMB connection and hope it goes smoothly if not I will seek for help here again but a new post.

Thanks you all again.

Regards

Tazio4436