Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 standards based T38 fax support using MGCP

BILL PETERSEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

All the documenation on fax support on the VG224 talks about using MGCP for standards based T38 support.

So does that mean that it uses protocol based T38 switchover?

In looking at the VG224 MGCP GW config on call manager it doesnt show much other than enabling T38.

On the VG224 MGCP config you can do the "no inhibit T38" but both call manager and the IOS config doesnt offer up much in what is being enabled and configured.

Also I am a little confused on using standards based passthrough fallback on the VG224 MGCP GW.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You need to know how your calls are presented from your service provider e.g. fxo/pri/bri/sip and what your gateway to CUCM is using H323/MGCP/SIP

Look at this link it give you the basic set ups for T38  and passthru

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/115742-fax-modem-call-flows-00.html

Hope this helps

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You need to know how your calls are presented from your service provider e.g. fxo/pri/bri/sip and what your gateway to CUCM is using H323/MGCP/SIP

Look at this link it give you the basic set ups for T38  and passthru

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/115742-fax-modem-call-flows-00.html

Hope this helps

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex

thanks for the response

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I am having issues with the new site. I couldn't view this discussion from the new cisco site. I can only get to it by clicking on the email link.

I have looked at that link quite a few times over the last couple years.

So we have a SIP provider connection coming into CUBE which connects to CUCM via SIP. The VG224 is connected via MGCP.

The doc doesnt answer my question about is the VG224 using T38 protocol based switchover which is the standard. The VG224 config does not imply that and also the MGCP config in CUCM or on the VG224 doesnt imply that. Switchover using T38 NSE is supported in many Cisco products but is not considered standard from what I can see.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: