cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 - No Dial Tone On Port

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I just had my VG248 replaced and now I'm having problems with no dial tone on one port. The port will still ring on an incoming call. It appears that I'm hitting bug CSCsa71113, but I'm software version 1.3(1)ES8.2 that supposedly fixed that bug. Anyone have any ideas? I tried restarting the VG248, but I still have the problem with the same port. Thanks!

5 Replies 5

dpickell236
Level 1
Level 1

In order to resolve the problem, complete either of these workarounds:

Reload the VG248 Analog Phone Gateway.

Alternatively, downgrade the VG248 Analog Phone Gateway to version 1.2(1)ES10.2.

Troubleshooting the VG248

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/vg248/1_3_1/english/configuration/guide/vg248swt.html

Looks like it actually turned out to be a bad port on the VG248. TAC had me upgrade 1.3(2), but that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks for the reply!

Hi,

i have exactly the same problem, do you resolve your problem ?

Thanks,

Could you define the issue and the symptoms you are running into?

My problem ended up being a bad VG248.  After the part was swapped out, the problem went away.  I did try downgrading the firmware because there was a bug in the version I had, but that didn't fix it.  It was a hardware problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: