cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG310 DC connector

psoares123
Level 1
Level 1

On the DC connector I can see 2 pins for +12V (power) and 2 GND (Input enable).

What does it mean?

Means that we can use two sources for power?

Regards,
Paulo Soares

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paulo,

I do not believe the 2 pins +12V and ground are meant to provide power from multiple sources. I think they are setup similar other electronics where you have multiple pins providing the same voltage. For example in your desktop computer there are similar connectors (like an 8 Pin CPU connector) carrying multiple pins of +12V.

Further, I think Cisco would have specifically called it out in the documentation if you could use dual power DC power sources if they designed it with that capability.

Hope this helps.

- Jon

View solution in original post

Thank you for your explanation

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paulo,

I do not believe the 2 pins +12V and ground are meant to provide power from multiple sources. I think they are setup similar other electronics where you have multiple pins providing the same voltage. For example in your desktop computer there are similar connectors (like an 8 Pin CPU connector) carrying multiple pins of +12V.

Further, I think Cisco would have specifically called it out in the documentation if you could use dual power DC power sources if they designed it with that capability.

Hope this helps.

- Jon

Thank you for your explanation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: