Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video issues with desk phones and AXIS A8004-VE video intercom

We have a AXIS A8004-VE video intercom that is interfacing with CUCM 11.5. I have been able to setup the SIP account on the device and can send and receive calls. However we are not getting any video when using a desk phone. When we use Jabber everything works fine. I have opened all service through the firewall so I don't thing anything is getting blocked and the remote jabber and desk phone have the same access rules. I'm not familiar with VOIP systems but I figured that if it worked with Jabber then it should work with the desk phone. 

5 Replies 5

Can you check if the Video is enabled on the called phone and which phone model are you using. 

Response Signature

The phone I'm testing with is a 8845. desk phone to desk phone call and jabber to desk phone calls all have video without issue. 

Try the below.

• Create  a custom audio codec preference list with G.711 u and a law (Qty. 4) to the top with G.711 64K and 56K being 1st and 2nd.
  • Maximum bitrate for video call to be 2048 kbps.
  • Attach this reference list with a region or make a new one.
  • Create a device pool and assign this region and apply it on your intercom.
  • Device type should be Advanced and enable Retry Video Call as Audio on the device.
  • From enterprise parameter disable advertise g722

Response Signature

I set this up but now when we try to call the intercom we are getting a busy signal from desk phones. no issues from jabber.

joshuarichmond
Level 1
Level 1

Drew, did you ever get this working? We have hundreds of these deployed with CUCM 10 and up. We have run into many issues and the first thing to do is go into your Axis devices and then to codecs. You will want to turn off all of them except leave PCMU (8kHz) enabled. PCMU (8kHz) is equal to G.711. This corrects 99% of issues with the Axis to CUCM. We have seen no video, 1-way audio and call disconnects. Changing the codecs to only have that one has rectified all of our sites.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: