Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewing a CUCM backup TAR file

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to look at some config on a CUCM7 server that I built earlier in the year. After building the server I backed up the database to my laptop so I have an original copy of the database. I need to look at this as the customer has a query about the way the Unity ports were configured. As the customers server has been live for 6 months now the config may be different to the original so the question is, is there an application I can use to see the configuration of the backed up TAR file rather than building a VMWare server and restoring the database?

I have tried opening the database file 2009-05-07-14-14-36_XXXXXXX_CCM_CCMDB.tar\\common\drf\db_drf_backup\drf_ontape_backup.gz\drf_ontape_backup using notepad but there is too much information to look through and things like partitions and CSS's are referenced as a HEX value.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

1 Reply 1

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

the tar file is a format used to collect many files into one larger file for ease of handling or distribution.  A bit like a zip file only uncompressed.  If you're using windows, a program like Winrar will be able to open the file and you can then extract the individual files that have been backed up

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: