Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewing a CUCM backup TAR file

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to look at some config on a CUCM7 server that I built earlier in the year. After building the server I backed up the database to my laptop so I have an original copy of the database. I need to look at this as the customer has a query about the way the Unity ports were configured. As the customers server has been live for 6 months now the config may be different to the original so the question is, is there an application I can use to see the configuration of the backed up TAR file rather than building a VMWare server and restoring the database?

I have tried opening the database file 2009-05-07-14-14-36_XXXXXXX_CCM_CCMDB.tar\\common\drf\db_drf_backup\drf_ontape_backup.gz\drf_ontape_backup using notepad but there is too much information to look through and things like partitions and CSS's are referenced as a HEX value.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

1 Reply 1

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

the tar file is a format used to collect many files into one larger file for ease of handling or distribution.  A bit like a zip file only uncompressed.  If you're using windows, a program like Winrar will be able to open the file and you can then extract the individual files that have been backed up

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

regards,

Paul