cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Visual indication on IP Phone when CFwdAll is active

Roland Theisen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,  I have a Cisco IP Phone 7962 installed in our IT helpdesk office. This phone has the extension number of the IT helpdesk and a SpeedDial button programmed with a mobile phone number. When the last colleague of the helpdesk team leaves the office, he forwards (CFwdAll) all calls coming in on the main extension number to the mobile phone number ,which is programmed on the Speeddial button. On the display of the IP Phone I can see that all the calls are forwarded to the mobile phone number. But often it happens that the colleagues forgot to take away the CFwdAll on the IP Phone.  So they asked me if it is possible to have a visual indication on the IP Phone that the CFwdAll is active?? E.g.: MWI light or SpeedDial Button blinking or ...? Does anybody know a solution for my question? Or an other idea?  My callmanager is on software version 7.1.5SU4 and the IP phones have the firmware version 9.1.1  Thanks a lot in advanced for any help.  Best regards,  Marc Hoffmann

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marc,

When the phone is on CFWDALL have a look in the upper Right Hand corner

of the display screen and you will see an "arrow" icon forwarding above the

handset icon. The is the visual indicator that CFWD is active

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rub,  Thanks for your answer ;-) :-)  Yes, I know about this little arrow in the upper right corner on the display of the IP Phone;-) I told that also to the colleagues, but they want something "blinking"...  They want to have an visual indication which can be seen when entring the office and without looking at the screen of the IP Phone. One idea is to have a SpeedDial button which blinks or simply shines when the CFwdAll is active. Or the red MWI light on the telephone hook?  Best regards,  Marc

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Marc,

Sorry about that!

I kind of figured that wasn't what you were looking for. There is no "built-in"

config within CUCM that is going to give you this type of functionality with CFWD

There may be someone out there who has written an APP for this type of visual

notification, but I've never seen it.

It's always been funny to me that when users forget to do something it's best to blame

the equipment

It's not Loud enough, it's not Bright enough, it's not Big enough, it's not quick enough......

hahahahahaha! You know what I mean!

In one similar case we asked the users to flip the actual handset upside down in the cradle

when ever they used CFWD so that they could tell when they returned to their desk

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

You must know, we have "very" special users in our company And I fully agree with you about users blaming the equipment... But your suggestion with the handset is not so bad... I will think about this idea

If I find something else about my request, I will keep you informed! Perhaps the new version of the callmanager will bring such features

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Marc