cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway Media Forking on PSTN Hairpined calls (PRI)

John Gowen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to record calls that are transferred out to the PSTN (PRI) from an IP Phone.

I have a SIP Trunk between the VGW (2921) and the CUCM (v11) and network based recording is working ok when the call is answered on an IP Phone. But once the call is transferred, the media forking ends.

So, I wonder is this possible once the call is effectively "hairpined" on the VGW?

I was thinking if I used an MTP to anchor the RTP etc on the CUCM whether this would resolve my issue also? I will hopefully test this today.

Thanks in advance,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

For network based recording to work, one of devices in a conversation need to have Recording profile assigned. In case where you have to PSTN number then it will not work as none of those have the profile assigned (unless they are remote destination numbers or some CTI ports).

Leszek

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

For network based recording to work, one of devices in a conversation need to have Recording profile assigned. In case where you have to PSTN number then it will not work as none of those have the profile assigned (unless they are remote destination numbers or some CTI ports).

Leszek