cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice hunt-group paralle does not work correctly

bob reiber
Level 1
Level 1

i am trying to make all the phones ring at the same time when the main number is called and if there is no answer it should go to the auto attendant. if i use a sequential ephone hunt-group, the phones in the list do ring sequentially and then it does go to the auto attendant. however if i delete the ephone hunt-group and use a voice hunt-group with the same parameters, all the phones ring but when there is no answer (the timer expires) i get a fast busy.i am stumped. here is the config

voice-port 0/1/0
 trunk-group analog 1
 connection plar 290
 caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 300 voip
 destination-pattern 3..
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:192.168.12.3
 dtmf-relay sip-notify
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

ephone-dn  1  dual-line
 number 222
 label Receptionist 222
 name Receptionist
 call-forward busy 300
 call-forward noan 300 timeout 20
 huntstop channel
 no huntstop
 hold-alert 30 originator
!
!
ephone-dn  2  dual-line
 number 224
 label Lawrence
 name Lawrence
 call-forward busy 300
 huntstop channel
 no huntstop
 hold-alert 30 originator
!
!
ephone-dn  3  dual-line
 number 227
 label Allison
 name Allison
 call-forward busy 300
 huntstop channel
 no huntstop
 hold-alert 30 originator
!
!
ephone-dn  4  dual-line
 number 226
 label Melissa
 name Melissa
 call-forward busy 300
 huntstop channel
 no huntstop
 hold-alert 30 originator

ephone-hunt 1 sequential
 pilot 290
 list 222, 227, 224, 226
 final 330
 preference 0 secondary 7
 timeout 10, 10, 10, 0

330 is the auto attendant

if i delete the ephone-hunt and replace it with the following it rings the phones but then i get a fast busy instead of the auto attendant.

voice hunt-group 1 parallel

pilot 290

list 222,227,224,226

final 330

timeout 20

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you read this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmecover.html#pgfId-1118926

Nice explanations with good examples.

Chris

Chris,

yes, i think i have read everything i could find, including what was in the link you sent. the piece that has me stumped is that when i use an ephone hunt-group with the final number being 330 (the auto attendant) it works fine. when i use the same config for a voice hunt-group i get a fast busy when the timer expires. so with ephone hunt group i get each phone ringing consecutively (sequential) and then it goes to the auto attendant with the timer expires. the voice hunt-group rings all the phones but when the timer expires i get a fast busy. it seems are if it can't dial the 330 from the voice hunt group, but it can dial from the ephone hunt-group. i am sure it is something simple that i am missing.....

ok i got it to work. i made a couple of  changes and it now is working correctly. i made the following changes

1. modified the dial-peer voice 300 (this is voice mail) and set the destination-pattern to be 300 instead of the 3..

2. added a dial-peer 330 (this is the auto attendant) and set the destination-pattern to be 330

3. made sure the timeout on the hunt-group was shorter than the call-forward noan timeout on all the ephone-dn's in the ring group.