cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail never picks up

Grayson Wells
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why voicemail wouldn't pick up? All other phones go to voicemail after two rings go unanswered, but I have one phone that just rings forever and never goes to voicemail. I have compared the profile of that phone with other phones and everything is the same. I have checked the device profile, the end user profile, and the unity subscriber profile. The unity subscriber profile actually shows the subscriber as configured to ring twice and then go to voicemail, but it never actually does.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the one phone that won't Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) to voicemail make sure that the checkbox for "voicemail' is selected next to each of these.  It sounds like you have a voicemail profile configured but may not have selected to forward to voicemail which is the little checkbox that is easily overlooked.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the one phone that won't Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) to voicemail make sure that the checkbox for "voicemail' is selected next to each of these.  It sounds like you have a voicemail profile configured but may not have selected to forward to voicemail which is the little checkbox that is easily overlooked.

Thanks, you pointed me in the right direction and the problem has been fixed. When creating the profile I did overlook those options. They can easily be found under "call routing" in the CUCM by selection "directory number" and then selecting the number in question.

You're welcome.  When you get a chance don't forget to mark the question as answered for others please.  Thanks.

"Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) to voicemail make sure that the checkbox for "voicemail' is selected next to each of these. " I've looked high and low. (maybe not low enough) but I cannot find CFNA or CFB options anywhere.  Help pls :)

jmcgath
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an older post but I just found it and it fixed my issue. Thanks!