Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip restaurant delivery solution advice

gfilippakis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

One of my clients has about 20 restaurants which each currently take deliveries individually (no central call centre). The set up is very legacy, each site having about 10 analogue lines in which they receive the calls. The problem is we cannot set up a new digital number at each site(like a 1800 number) as the client wants to keep the analogue numbers as all his customers are accustomed to these phone numbers.

What we want to do is create a new solution at each site (they are not networked so it would have to be a local solution) so that the call is converted to voip at some PABX then forwarded to a phone group of 10 ipads/android tabs etc (wirelessly).

We basically want the staff members to be able to take a call while on the floor with a tablet device, and also give them the option of opting out of the call group if they are busy.

Is a Cisco solution like this possible? I'm not asking someone to design me a solution here, just to see if something like this is possible and if so point me in some general direction (software/hardware).

Cheers

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it is possible. To have it designed, you best choice to get sure and solid results is to contact a reputable consultant, or UC certified Cisco partner. Otherwise, you can try "Do It Yourself", but that will likely cost you costly mistakes, and potentially upset your customer.