cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web interface/programming for 7945 ??

SteveG18
Level 1
Level 1

I just received a Cisco 7945, and installed the SIP firmware on it, as I am going be using it at home with a SIP system there.

Is there way I can make changes to the phone as far as SIP settings/NTP/button options via a web interface?  I am able to see the phone via the IP in Chrome, but I don't see anything that will allow me to make changes.

Is this possible?  If so, how?? :) 

Thanks a bunch

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way to do that.

Only recent phones like the 88xx and 78xx AND when you buy the 3PCC/MPP variant have a web gui for configuration.

Any other phone model that is not a 3PCC/MPP model, it's all based on .xml config files.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Not possible. The configuration file, called SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml, can only be "uploaded" to the phone via TFTP and DHCP Option 150.
Wait ... If you "installed the SIP firmware", how did you manage to achieve that?

Downloaded the SIP firmware from Cisco and put it on the TFTP server, set the TFTP server IP on the phone and let it connect and download the new firmware.

There is only one way for the phone to download the firmware without the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml in the TFTP server.