cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between UAC call info and UAS call info?

Upon running "show sip-ua calls", I am getting two set of results.

What is the difference between UAC call info and UAS call info? What type of calls are displayed under "UAC" section and and what types of calls are displayed under to "UAS" section?

Thanks,

Pandi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

From Wikipedia:

A SIP user agent (UA) is a logical network end-point used to create or receive SIP messages and thereby manage a SIP session. A SIP UA can perform the role of a User Agent Client (UAC), which sends SIP requests, and the User Agent Server (UAS), which receives the requests and returns a SIP response. These roles of UAC and UAS only last for the duration of a SIP transaction

Bye

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

From Wikipedia:

A SIP user agent (UA) is a logical network end-point used to create or receive SIP messages and thereby manage a SIP session. A SIP UA can perform the role of a User Agent Client (UAC), which sends SIP requests, and the User Agent Server (UAS), which receives the requests and returns a SIP response. These roles of UAC and UAS only last for the duration of a SIP transaction

Bye

Thanks a lot j.huizinga..

Also in which scenario, we will get a call information in both UAC info and UAS info? I see in certain scenarios, the same call appears in UAC info and UAS info but in other scenarios, I get response only in "UAC info" and not in "UAS info"? Is it related to CUBE?

Yes, a CUBE has basically two legs.

One leg from CUBE to CUCM, and one leg from CUBE to provider.

For one call the CUBE can be UAC and UAS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: