cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What SFTP SW?

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

i`m trying to locate any SFTP sw for backing up CUCM. The application needs to be runing even when I logg off the back up server- not when I just lock the machine. I`ve tried FreeFTP`d and FreeSSH but both of which do not seem to work- I thought FreeSSH was designed to run in this manor? Does anyone have any recommendation step maybe I`m missign wtih FreeSSH- As always many thanks

4 Replies 4

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

When you install FreeFTPd, it'll ask you if you want to install the software as a service. If you choose 'yes', it can be run while the workstation is locked.

I use FreeFTPd all the time without any problem.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

I just tried it and when it went to copy the backup to the remote media i.e my p.c it said unable to copy ?tar file

I have used freeftpd with good results, once a few idiosyncracies were worked out.

In order to make changes that will stick once you logout, you must stop the service (may have to kill the process from Task Manager if it won't stop), launch the client, create a user account and specify a directory.

Save settings, stop service from within client, exit client, start service from Windoze Services MMC plugin.

Test and enjoy.

BTW, if you are specifying a network directory as the destination for the files, you will have to change the service logon account in the mmc plugin to a domain account with permissions to the target directory, and restart it.

I believe that the tar runs inside of the destination directory, so make sure that the proper permissions (RWX) are in place to allow this.

HTH,

Kevin