cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What type of licenses do we need to configure a VG350 to a CUCM and confogure about 5 FXO ports?

Hi ,

We have a VG350 connecting to out CUCM network. Can someone explain what type of licenses we need?

We do plan to have 5 FXO ports configured on the VG350. Thanks

G

7 Replies 7

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi G,

Each analog phone connected to each FXS port needs one Essential license provided the owner user id assigned to that device only has that one device.

If multiple devices are assigned to the same user then user based license will come to play. Upto 2 devices assigned will need one enhanced plus and when more than 2 devices and upto 10 devices will consume one CUWL std license.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html#CUCM_RF_U75FBF1E_00

HTH

Rajan

Please rate useful posts

my bad. I misread that as FXS :)

FXO ports do not need any licenses as such but if you are asking about FXS then refer my previous comment

Thanks Rajan,

Thanks for the clarification. When I looked at the link, it said any analogue devices needs an essential licenses? I hope it is only for the FXS ports and not FXOs? Thank you

G

thats correct. FXO ports are widely used to terminate PSTN connections and that do not require a license in CUCM. ONly when you connect an analog phone in CUCM requires a license either device based or user based depending on the config.

Thank you.Much appreciated! 

You can also refer the link for details

When VG350 is added as SCCP GW, then ,analog ports consumes essential licenses while when added as MGCP, no licenses are consumed

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman.Useful Info.