Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When to deply dedicated media resorce server

I have been reading over the SRND document and I am trying to determine when it makes sense to deploy dedicated servers verses just using co-residence with my subscribers.  Unless I am missing something there doesn't seem to be a solid answer as to when you should deploy dedicated servers.  Is there something I am missing or a good rule of thumb to use?

Thanks,

Cameron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you run IPVMS on co-res, you're limited by resources and cannot go up to the maximum each one can provide, if you go to the IPVMS service parameters you'll see the defaults for each resource.

If you want/need to change that to the maximum, you need dedicated resources, just as you would need if you want to use all of the MOH sources that CUCM now provides.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you run IPVMS on co-res, you're limited by resources and cannot go up to the maximum each one can provide, if you go to the IPVMS service parameters you'll see the defaults for each resource.

If you want/need to change that to the maximum, you need dedicated resources, just as you would need if you want to use all of the MOH sources that CUCM now provides.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate