cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will a dialed number show in the CDR log if the user hangs up before it rings through?

Mark Burger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I'm running CUCM 10.5. I ship my CDR logs to an OfficeWatch server for department bill back, usage reports and 911 alerting. I received an alert that an extension dialed 911 and the call lasted 0 seconds. 30 seconds later, the user dialed 9,1 and the 10 digit number of a customer. I received an alert from the OfficeWatch application that a 911 call was made and of course it is there in the CDR log however, the call history on this phone does not show a 911 call was made.
Is it possible for someone to dial a number, hang up quick before it rings through, have the CDR logs show the dialed numbers but not have the call on the phone's history when viewing call history on the phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'd try to get the CUCM traces to confirm/deny what he's saying, it's fairly easy to delete an entry from the call logs on the phone, but you'd still see it in CDR and the traces.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In my experience there is no way to hang up fast enough for the call not to register on the phone. Did the next call of 9+1+number show up in placed calls?

Brandon

Hi Brandon. Yes, the call that was made 30 seconds later was in the phone's call log.

Also, do you have wrong pattern (route or translation) which matches 911
only when the users call 91+10digits.

Hello Mohammed. Patterns look ok. I have thousands of 91(area)(number) calls but this was the only time the CDR showed a 911 call was made when 911 was supposedly not dialed.

I'd try to get the CUCM traces to confirm/deny what he's saying, it's fairly easy to delete an entry from the call logs on the phone, but you'd still see it in CDR and the traces.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

+5 Jim. Good catch. 

Seems there was on,y one call in the phone history, the call made after the 911 call. That tells me someone cleared the history on the phone.

Thanks for the help!