cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1921 IPV6 issue

mgraham94
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings...I have a Cisco 1921 with one EHWIC-D-8ESG module installed.

I have a test system where I have to use static IPV6 addresses on the connected devices, all these devices are connected to the EHWIC ports.

I can ping these devices from the router, through the EHWIC, but I cannot do a device to device ping. IPV4 ping work fine in either direction. Here is my configuration file.

19 Replies 19

Hello,

Just to revive this old thread/discussion (having a CCIE lab coming up in six weeks takes quite a bit of my time. ). My router was not covered by a service contract, which explains why I couldn't open a TAC case. This has been fixed, and I will create the TAC case later today or tomorrow at the latest. I'll keep you updated.

/Mark

TAC came up with this bug: CSCtt61762.

I've been using the new bug search toolkit, which doesn't return this bug. The old one does though. It's just a matter of using the right tools.

/Mark

Mark,

This one has been filed 14 days ago, I guess, had we created a case when we first had a report we would have been the ones filing it ;-)

M.

Most likely. ;-) However, as long as it will be fixed, I'm happy. :-)

Just annoying the new bug toolkit doesn't return the bug - I checked the minute before opening the CR - just to makek ksure there was no other case already. ;-)

/Mark

Hi,

I see that CSCtt61762 is marked as fixed and listed as resolved in the Release notes of IOS 15.2(4)M1.

BUT: I still seem to have this issue with:

2911, EHWIC-D-8ESG-P and 15.2(4)M1.

I am able to ping the routers IP or anywhere else one the whole internet - just not the local subnet.

To be accurate, I want to mention that I have configured the onboard ports together with the switch-module ports in a bridge-group. So the devices on the Onboard Gigiabit Ports are in the same L2. And interestingly devices on the onboard ports CAN ping the devices attached to the switch-ports.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

no ip address

duplex auto

speed auto

bridge-group 1

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/3/0

no ip address

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/3/4

no ip address

!