Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwf36829 - IPv6 not supported on Nexus 3500's

Gewy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team.

Currently I want to deploy ipv6 for some nexus 3500 devices and I have found that ipv6 is not supported for nexus 3500's (CSCwf36829 - IPv6 not supported on Nexus 3500's), however in the Bug Search Tool it only indicates it for version 9.3(9). Does that mean it would be functional for version 9.3(10) and later, just to give an example.

I look forward to your comments to find out your doubts.
Regards

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwf36829
                    >... IPv6 is not supported on the Nexus 3500.

That indicates it is not supported on the platform , (neither on later  software versions for it) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Regarding the support for IPv6 on Nexus 3500 devices, the bug CSCwf36829 specifically mentions the lack of IPv6 support in version 9.3(9). However, there is no direct information available in the search results about IPv6 support in the subsequent versions like 9.3(10) or later.

To determine if IPv6 is supported in version 9.3(10) or any newer versions, I would recommend checking the release notes of the specific NX-OS version you are interested in. Cisco typically includes details about new features, enhancements, and bug fixes in their release notes. If IPv6 support has been added in a version after 9.3(9), it should be documented there.

Best Regards,
MaximTimeClock

- @jeannette9728miller As far as I understand the bug report ; it says the device/model can't do it at all , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Agreed with @marce1000 - the bug notes very specifically say: "There are no workarounds for this. IPv6 is not supported on the Nexus 3500."

That means it's not something that will change in different version of software - it's simply not supported, at all, on that platform in any version of software.  This is also quite clear from the data sheet https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-3548-switch/data_sheet_c78-707001.html#Productspecifications
You'll see there are specs for IPv4 hosts and routes, nothing for IPv6.  It was not designed for IPv6, has never supported it, and never will.