Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 Configurations issues

KhaledJaber9762
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to whom reading,

I am fairly new at cisco packet tracer and a student that isn't very experienced with networking and such, 

I am currently trying to configure ipv6 address based on the topology and the packet tracer files based in the IPv6 Configuration, Other Networking, IPvfiles below. 

I am struggling on why the ipv6 addresses will not ping to one to the other based on the topology

Do  the ipv6 addresses need to change in order for them to be in the same network/subnet?

Thank you 

1 Reply 1

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @KhaledJaber9762 

If your intention is to have connectivity between PCs using IPv6, then you must keep in mind that for this all your topology must have IPv6 configured, in addition to IPv4, either statically or dynamically.
But, routers do not automatically convert IP from IPv4 to IPv6.

If your intention is to ping directly connected routers using IPv6, then I recommend assigning an IPv6 manually to each router, following the same principles used for IPv4.

There are many useful guides on the internet and many videos that you could consult to exercise your knowledge.
If you are studying CCNA, I recommend consulting your instructor, as the personal guide is very useful.

Regards