IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Hi Team ,I have gone through the tunneling concepts of IPV6 to IPV4 interoperability.How does this Manual tunnel ,6to4 tunnel and ISTAP tunnels are different from NAT64/DNS64 concept.I understand that NAT64/DNS64 will serve IPV6 only clients to commu...

Shri612 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi guys, I have some questions regarding IPv6 and SLAAC.   First, from what I understood, we don't need a router to auto-configure link-local IPv6 addresses on client like Windows, or let's say it this way, without a router only a link-local IPv6 add...

Just as a sanity check - I have IPv4 routing working well. Now I am trying to run dual stack and route IPv6.   I have a static /56 and it is configured on my 3560g. I can ping ipv6 ipv6.google.com, etc. Hosts on all VLANs are getting IPv6 addresses f...

Hello All, i just got a VDSL connection with native IPv6 support. Everything works so far but my ISP forces my connection to reconnect every 24 hours. The problem is that after a couple of reconnects, the dialer0 interface and all connected clients h...

numark by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anybody configures dynamic/hide IPv4 to IPv6? I have a requirement for IPv4 only hosts to connect to IPv6 Internet sites, I originally tried to lab NAT-PT with DNS ALG. <IPv4 only host> --- <Cisco Router with NAT-PT> ---- IPv6 InternetNAT-PTDNS i...

ataylor by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NAT64 - Problem

Hello, In my simple topology (below) I'm trying to achieve translating IPv6 into IPv4 address by Router in middle called "NAT64".So that R1 (IPv6 only) can ping R2 (IPv4 only). R1 router is configured with IPv6 only:interface FastEthernet0/0 no ip ad...

bXkNeDZ

I am currently setting up a network for a demo system and IPV6 has been identified as a requirement to be shown to be working. The requirement is to show one device working in IPV6. I have not used IPV6 previously and even though I would like to lear...

We are planning on enabling ipv6 First Hop Security. We are considering following options- SISF  based device tracking- RA Guard- IPv6 DHCP Guard a. Are these sufficient for access switches? Is there anything else we should considering SISF is compre...

S891 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I have a question in regard to link local only routing like described in RFC7404.In my Setup I use VLAN Interfaces for End-Host Networks which just have a link-local address and advertise the GUA Prefix via RAs with just the "on-link" flag ...

LeonardW by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI want to know information about older versions of theip v1- ip v2 ip v3 What is the difference between them and what is the domain of addresses in them and how much dedicated to the network addresses and how much dedicated to address the host a...

ali-maz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,       In a setup with a router 2901 and a L3 Switch C3750G (take a look at the image) both setup with OSPFv3 and assigned with both global unicast and link local addr. I can ping from the router to the switch and vice versa. Debugging hello pack...

OSPFv3 problem.png
Top Solution Authors