cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubles with IPV6 in Packet Tracer

Level 1
Level 1

Greetings to the esteemed community here,

I am having very strange problems with implementing dual-stack topology in my Packet Tracer excercise which I have attached here.

The first problem consists of unstable routing using OSPF on IPV6, which manifests in randomly missing routes across every node in my topology. I have already spent a great deal of time trying to unsuccessfully troubleshoot this strange occurence. Nothing appears out of the ordinary to me: all neighbor states are FULL, there are consistent timers everywhere, every device has unique router-id etc. In the end I had to install appropriate floating routes everywhere as a workaround.

The second problem is non-functional IPV6 HSRP on my SVI interfaces configured on D1 and D2 switches. For some reason active and standby group cannot see each other, which is the most likely why I cannot get successful pings between admin and user PC.

Everything described here only happens on IPV6. There is almost the same configuration on IPV4 and I didn't encounter any of these issues. It would be greatly appreciated if someone more experienced could take a look at this and help me track down possible configuration errors.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Apparently the .pkt file extension cannot be uploaded here, so here's the download link:

https://tinyurl.com/2p8pjan8 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may also consult here : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !