Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL Proxy class between .NET app and CUCM

j.buchmann
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

we have upgraded CUCM version 8.6 to version 9.1.

we used an .NET app which uses the AXL soap toolkit from Cisco and it worked fine in version 8.6 and not anymore in version 9.1.1.
Please find here what have done when the new version of cucm was installed :

Download of the « axlsqltoolkit » on the Call Manager version 9.1.1

On the readme document, we retrieve the asked files.
We launch the conversion with the described command : wsdl.exe AXLAPI.wsdl axlsoap.xsd

This generate a file named « AXLAPIService.vb » which constitue a exploitable class for a .NET (vb) application.

Afterwards, we include this in the project.
The issues begin, the class generate errors… we fix them.

After errors corrections, the class compiles good..

Then we add the prerequisites from the file « ReadMe.txt »

We recompile.

We launch the project and then on the objet initialisation, I get this error message :

Impossible de générer une classe temporaire (result=1).
error CS0030: Impossible de convertir le type 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqAddCallStates' en 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqCallStates'
error CS0030: Impossible de convertir le type 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqAddCallStates' en 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqRemoveCallStates'
error CS0029: Impossible de convertir implicitement le type 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqRemoveCallStates' en 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqAddCallStates'
error CS0029: Impossible de convertir implicitement le type 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqCallStates' en 'SoapAPI.UpdateSoftKeySetReqAddCallStates'

We have constated that the issue come from a wrong parsage of the WDSL and XSD file by the WDSL.exe program from Microsoft.
We have fixed the methods by replacing the ()() by () as advised by Microsoft.

After recompiling and relaunch of the application, the message is :

Une erreur s'est produite lors de la réflexion du type 'SoapAPI.APIRequest'.

Could you please explain me / indicate me which can be the issue and how I can resolve it ?

Thanks in advance!

best regards,
Julien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi levinsky,

Enclosed is an updated 10.0 AXLSoap.xsd which I believe corrects the problem.  Also enclosed is a diff file.

We made modifications to the problematic updateSoftKeySetReq request schema, based on the (working) updateUserGroup schema.  There should be no functional effect on client or server side with respect to the actual XML transmitted/received.

Thanks,

Adrienne

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julien,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were able to reproduce the issue in the lab, and we are working on a workaround and a fix. I'll update this post with more information.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Dear Adrienne,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad that you are working on it as this is an annoying issue.

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,

Julien Buchmann

Hi Julien,

As a workaround while we work on this issue, you can comment out the problematic class UpdateSoftKeySetReq in the WSDL or you can comment out the generated code... assuming you are not needing to use this class right now.

Thanks,

Adrienne

ankurs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julien / Adrienne

i looked into this, it doesn't seem to be an issue with WSDL file or axl issue.

However i searched some forums around this error message

below link can be helpful, it is related to .Net framework only

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948233/en-us

the issue can be due to lack of permission on windows TEMP folder for NETWORK SERVICE account.

To resolve this issue, assign NETWORK SERVICE the following permissions on C:\Windows\Temp;

List Folder / Read Data

Delete

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

j.buchmann
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

thanks for the replies. However, we have tried this:

Put the total rights on c:\Windows\Temp and also on c:\temp\ but the issue still persists.

It's really on the file (.vb) generation that the issue resides : « wsdl.exe AXLAPI.wsdl axlsoap.xsd l :vb »

Is it possible to generate and provide for us the class that you are able to compile? With that, we could go ahead and make this work.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Julien

Hi Julien,

We have confirmed with Microsoft that this is a bug in .Net. This is a known problem in XmlSerializer Code Generation component: it cannot handle some cases of nested unbounded elements.  The Object Model it creates is not valid, so user cannot use it to produce XML messages.

They have provided a blog post for reference:

Yaron Naveh's Web Services 2.0 Blog: .Net / Wcf bug: Cannot convert type 'System.DateTime[]' to 'System.DateTime'

They have showed us a workaround to change the WSDL. I will have the team update the WSDL for .Net use and then post it on this forum thread when it is ready.

If you want to know what we will be changing, we will need to modify all schema constructs that have the following:

<xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">

<xs:element ../>

<xs:sequence>

or

<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

Have to be changed to

<xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">

<xs:element ../>

<xs:attribute name="tmp" type="xs:string" />

And

<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

<xs:attribute name="tmp" type="xs:string" />

Adding that extra attribute will force XmlSerializer code generator to use a class with array member and proper XmlSerialization attributes for the construct, instead of an unwrapped array.

Dear Adrienne,

thanks for your support, but I have seen that you have replied with a message containing the updated AXLSoap.xsd and that you have deleted this post. Is it normal?

thanks!

Best regards,

Julien

Hi Julien,

I accidentally posted the wrong version. We'll have the 9.1 schema up shortly.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Hello Adrienne,

ok thanks. I'll keep an eye on this post for the uploaded schema.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Apologies for the delay. We are still working on 9.1 schema.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Hello Adrienne,

ok great news, thanks!

Best regards,

Julien

Hi Julien,

What version of .NET Framework are you using? We are able to update the schema so that it works in .NET 4.0, but we are seeing some issues in 4.5.

Attached is the new schema. Please let me know if this works for you.

Since

Thanks,

Adrienne

Dear Adrienne,

thanks a lot for the support!

I have asked the customer, he will try with the provided .NET framework version 4.

I'll keep you posted on this case, thanks again!

best regards,

Julien

HI,

will updated schemes be released for the other affected schemes? I have had the same issue with the v10 schema. I've tried under V2008 VS2010 and VS2012 and get the same issue.

thanks,

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: