Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL request to publisher and Subscriber nodes

Hi to all, from CUCM 10.5 version, can i send AXL request also to subscriber nodes or only to publisher ?

I f I have a CUCM cluster made of 8 nodes, can I think to balance the AXL request towards the 8 nodes or I have to send AXL request only to publisher and is the CUCM cluster in charge to balance the request ?

My partner is thinking to build a 8 nodes cluster of CUCM only to improve performance for AXL request (potentially 7000 request each day at almost the same time), but I have the doubt it doesn't work in such a manner.

Thanks for your help.

Stefania.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For "read" requests, it can make sense to distribute requests across nodes, based on node capacity and performance testing, especially for data that does not change often.

"Update" requests (add/remove/update) should be directed to the Publisher, as (most) data tables are replicated from Publisher->Subscriber only.

Note that even for reads, data-replication delay may need to be considered: e.g. if an application makes an update to the Publisher, and then immediately attempts a read from a Subscriber, the Subscriber data may not reflect the latest data due to replication delay.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For "read" requests, it can make sense to distribute requests across nodes, based on node capacity and performance testing, especially for data that does not change often.

"Update" requests (add/remove/update) should be directed to the Publisher, as (most) data tables are replicated from Publisher->Subscriber only.

Note that even for reads, data-replication delay may need to be considered: e.g. if an application makes an update to the Publisher, and then immediately attempts a read from a Subscriber, the Subscriber data may not reflect the latest data due to replication delay.

Thanks David for your answer.

Hi David I have one more question, How many write request per minute or second can handle a publisher made by Execute SQl Query ?

No fixed number, throttling is handled dynamically based on system capacity, current database load/backlog, etc. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: