cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mediasense CM and Finesse

mbuttnerMSI
Level 1
Level 1

I have gone through the developers guide for 9.x and think I can build the following solution, but was wondering who out there has Finesse 9.x or 10.x UCCE (CVP or not) with Mediasense.

Solution.

Call is delivered to Finesse Agent and Recording begin.

Finesse Agent select a credit card field on a form built in webpage and this triggers a custom javascript in the browser to getSession(), then a PauseRecording(). After the Agent removes "focus" from the credit card field on the form, a ResumeRecording() is issued.

Objective

Record selective parts of a call based off where the agent has focus on a form.

Has anyone accomplished this? If so can you provide direction? Cans and Cannots? This is all so new, any scripts or examples of the above or similar would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Per the Finesse WebServices Developer Guide, Start recording is only available for Finesse for UCCX. Finesse for UCCE does not yet support recording a Dialog.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Per the Finesse WebServices Developer Guide, Start recording is only available for Finesse for UCCX. Finesse for UCCE does not yet support recording a Dialog.

So I have not read through the Finesse WebServices Developer Guide yet, but if I understand what you are saying is UCCE with Finesse clients cannot use Mediasense to do any type of recording today?  I will go through the finesse dev guide in the mean time.

Correct, Finesse clients cannot do on demand recording. You can configure Callmanager and MediaSense to record all calls, but this has nothing to do with Finesse.

Hi Guys

has there been any further progress on this?

We are hitting a similar issue where we want an on demand recording gadget on Finesse on UCCE.

We are basically replacing CAD with Finesse, and this is a core function of CAD which is not in Finesse, any idea?

We ended up using Calabrio as the end user interface. On the backend we coded UCCE to look at DNIS and based off that it would be a recorded or unrecorded call. Mediasense still did the recording and Calabrio pulled the recordings from mediasense. Honestly, mediasense is a little redundant in that respect but we had already procured it. It's worked fine but took some vendor help and extra leg work to get it all going.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: