Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCert management API keeps returning 404 not found

aurelien.fasolo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to play a little bit with the CUCM certificate management API (Developer Support - UC Certificate Management API - Document - Cisco DevNet) but regardless of the API call, I always get 404 - not found response from the CUCM.

For example, the curl command hereafter (as recommanded in the getting started section) returns a 404 - not found

curl -k -X 'GET' -u "username:password" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' https://192.168.66.155/platformcom/api/v1/certmgr/config/snapshot/server

I am running a CUCM 12.5. To be noted that I have also tried with the PUB CUCM from the associated sandbox (DevNet Sandbox - Workspace - Lab Catalog - Collaboration 12.5 (cisco.com)). I have the same issue.

Has anyone manage to make the UCcert API work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a note on the Cert API Overview page indicating it was introduced in v14.  Unfortunately the API was developed to address the lack of a supported automatable mechanism for UC host cert management in prior versions...

You may be able to accomplish some of the functionality by driving the CUCM CLI via a SSH API - i.e. in a 'screen-scraping' fashion.  While definitely not a supported - or necessarily stable or easy-to-use - programming interface, something like this sample may help in a pinch.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

BjoernMartin
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi. I have the same problem with version 12.
CUCM v14 works

aurelien.fasolo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Is there any workaround for CUCM v12?

There is a note on the Cert API Overview page indicating it was introduced in v14.  Unfortunately the API was developed to address the lack of a supported automatable mechanism for UC host cert management in prior versions...

You may be able to accomplish some of the functionality by driving the CUCM CLI via a SSH API - i.e. in a 'screen-scraping' fashion.  While definitely not a supported - or necessarily stable or easy-to-use - programming interface, something like this sample may help in a pinch.

Hi,

Indeed, I'm currently doing it over the CLI but it's sort of limited.

Thanks for the support and for mentionning the note, I did not see it when I looked at the documentation