cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating LDAP End User with AXL

dpengblom
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a list anywhere for what fields can NOT be updated via the AXL API for LDAP end users?  For example, I know telephone number cannot be updated, but I can't find anywhere in the documentation where it lists what else cannot be updated when using LDAP for maintaining user records. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't found any official list, but the assumption is obviously that you're managing the user with LDAP/AD, not CUCM.  So with any fields in common, LDAP should take precedence.  I'll keep looking though - maybe I missed a document somewhere.

dhook
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Just so I understand your question, are you missing something that is not visible on the CCMAdmin LDAP Directory page?

Interesting question though, I see the need to get this information programmatically. I glanced at the related db tables and it looks like it is possible to derive the information from there as well. Joining data from the tables below should give you what you need.

ldapsystemconfig

ldapserverattribute

typeldapserver

typeldapserverattr

Kind Regards,

Dan

Be careful what you try to update via SQL, since automatic LDAP sync may override your changes.

Yes indeed, which is why I thought the question was interesting, i.e how do I programmmatically determine which fields CUCM DirSync will override

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: