cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CUCM API to add phone with more then 2 lines

terry duffy
Level 1
Level 1

I can successfully add a new phone with one or two lines.

It seems to ignore lines 3-5.

Is there a something special needed for adding more then 2 lines?

I'm including the sample XML as a txt file, this was successful in adding the first two lines, but lines 3-5 were not added.

Any assistance would be great!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good Morning! Please check your phone button template ( Standard 8841 SIP ).
By default, the template Standard 8841 SIP only provides two lines. 

The API Call addPhone with five lines works successfully for me

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you create all 5 lines, first?  You can't use addPhone to create new lines. 

Thanks for your reply, I just now double checked to make sure the lines have actually had been created with the partitions in the xml.

So unfortunately, that is not the issue.

Good Morning! Please check your phone button template ( Standard 8841 SIP ).
By default, the template Standard 8841 SIP only provides two lines. 

The API Call addPhone with five lines works successfully for me

Thanks, this is it!

I still have an issue though; I have created a new template with 5 lines and replaced my template line with the new name:

<phoneTemplateName>8841_Phonecopy_SIP</phoneTemplateName>, but it still applies the standard 8841 template with only 2 lines instead of the new one.

If I go to the phone with only two lines showing, and simply manually change the Phone Button Template to the one I created, all 5 lines instantly populate on the phone!

Any idea why it is ignoring edited line with the new template that works when manually selected?

Odd...with the theory that the issue is due to the order of operations that happen behind the scenes of the monolithic <addPhone> request, might be worth breaking this into two requests: 1) <addPhone> specifying the new 5 line template 2) <updatePhone> adding the needed 5 lines.
Even if that happens to work, it's perhaps arguable that the original <addPhone> specifying the template and lines at the same time _should_ work, and a defect could be opened...

terry duffy
Level 1
Level 1

I have confirmed sending it as an updatephone works.

It doesn't work in the addphone string, I know it processes the line, since I can misspell it and it gives an error saying it can't find it.