Views
Helpful
Replies

Additional connection to metro switch

kwillacey
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I don't know enough about metro to know if this can work or not so I am seeking some advice.

Let's say I have two sites that are connected via metro. Site A has a 2811 with a connection to the metro switch/cloud with a /30 subnet (10.10.20.0/30). Site B also has a 2811 with a connection to the metro switch/cloud also with a /30 subnet (10.10.30.0/30). OSPF is used and routing works fine. Now at both sites hardware redundancy is required at the WAN edge so an additional 2811 will be deployed at each site, which will use HSRP to perfrom the fail over if the primary router goes down.

What I want to know is if it's possible for the SP to provide another port on the metro switches at each location and change the mask at each location from a /30 to a /29 in order to accommodate the new routers? Will this affect the VRF in anyway which will cause the SP to not want to do this? Thanks I look forward to all your responses and help.

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

I think it can be possible to get from Service provider. Im not sure about VRF.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: