Level 1

what is black optic fibre?

need detailed information on it

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

AFAIK its the fiber owned by some other SP and with ur own OAD Muxes in the end points (i.e., source & destination)u will use it for your own purpose..

regds

i still didnt get it. what is OAD Muxes?..

Hi

OAD - Optical Add drop Multiplexers which is again may be ur CWDM or DWDM equipments..

wherein using these equipments you can have the required Bandwidth(required lambda)using the internal configs of those boxes..

AFAIK using CWDM (not cisco)u can go upto 2.5G max and using DWDM u can go in Tbs..

for more info on the supported capacities i would suggest to check out the data sheets of those equipments..

regds

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am guessing you are referring to what we in the US often term "dark fiber".

When one acquires fiber optic-based services in a metropolitan or long haul (inter-city) context, your provider can either present your with an interface on their active equipment (Ethernet from a router or switch port, or a transmission interface (T-1/E-1, DS-3/E-3, OC-xx and such) from transmission equipment such as an optical add/drop multiplexer (OADM) such as a Cisco ONS 15454) or simply present you with a fiber - with the distant end typically in another of your own facilities. This latter case is referred to as 'dark fiber', meaning you have to provide any and all equipment necessary to carry services over it (that is, to 'light' it).