Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Folks, I have looking at a sample config for EWS. The senario has 3550's at the enge and 6500 at the core. 6500's were doing the Q-IN-Q functionaility to carry customer vlan over provider vlan.My question is where would a 3750 series metro switc...

Hi Champs,I am new to this old technology and have some basic questions. 1) What are the scenarios where VPC will be used and what are the scenarios where VCC will be used?2) Also these are 2 different kinds of connections which customer will ask for...

we have a major disaster last week when the service provider had a maintenance with out notification. we need to develop a back up between two sites to avoid such incidents infuture. there are two sites separated by a dist. 20 km and are connected th...

aksher by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got packet lost from my Cisco Switch 3750. When I checked logging I found the following line.41w5d: %SYS-3-CPUHOG: Task ran for 11246 msec (21/7), process = HL3U bkgrd process, PC = 1DAC5C.-Traceback= 1DAC60 6A834C 69BDC8 69D2D4 1ECFFCAfter reboot...

Hi, We have installed a MetroRing Gigabit Ethernet using 3550 and 6500 Catalyst switches. Today, only data is running, but looking at tomorrow, when voice/video be requested, I am trying to find some best practices for QoS or traffic classification. ...

heespino by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I was wondering how service providers guarantee their security protection in the Metro Ethernet model, especially when Internet is one of the applications used over the Metro network.For example: The customer edge switch (3550) is connected dir...

smahrous by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,the situation I want to achieve is, that 2 physical interfaces (here 2 TP GigbitEthernet Ports of a 3750) are limited together from one 'service-policy'/'policy-map'.In the example below I have 2 Ports on one switch and the traffic coming in on bo...

d-mark by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

what does KLM means?...does PA-MC-STM-1SMI card has KLM configuration?...actually i have 7606 router and it has PA-MC-STM-1SMIand i have configured this STM-1 on E1 unframed , and had given loopback network for testing.now the engineer at the far en...

minimintu by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes