cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Event %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF

daniel4mondry1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi my name is Daniel and I'm work in Colombia.

We need your help with next mistake.

Jul 16 16:58:32.646 COL: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 0000.0000.c60e in vlan 1091 is flapping between port Gi0/2 and port Gi0/1
Jul 16 16:58:32.646 COL: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 0000.0000.c600 in vlan 1091 is flapping between port Gi0/2 and port Gi0/1

A Q-in-Q connection was configured on ME 3400 switches with VLAN 1091 and its client transports its traffic over this VLAN through the MPLS network.

The MAC FLAP event is presented between the LAN and WAN interface on VLAN 1091 (VLAN Q-in-Q) and only on two MACs.

The following revisions have been made and no errors are reported.
- Origin of MAC's
- Review of Loop Layer 2 in physical and logical level.
- Configuration of trunk and access ports
- Setting Q-in-Q

We ask your support with possible recommendations to solve this event or delete the Syslog event from the Switch.

2 Replies 2

Phil Clemens
Level 1
Level 1

On my network, I will see these messages when changes are made elsewhere on the network that affect the involved MST.  It is always short-duration, and only affects a one or a few MAC addresses. And, it primarily affects the ME3400's that have redundant uplinks.  Since I usually know the cause of the event, I have never been concerned about it.  If it were occurring continuously, or frequently, with no clear explanation, I would start to look at the spanning-tree configuration in your network to ensure that you are sending traffic on the desired primary paths.

My guess is that the q-in-q part of this situation is not related to the syslog messages.

Hello Dear 

i had the same issue mac flapping using QinQ i see about 500 mac addresses flapping my customer interface also with my PE trunk port, i checked some of the mac addresses with customer all belongs to him. 

Any suggestion.??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: