cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

switchport vlan mapping

tiagocarrijo
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone use this "switchport vlan mapping" in the 3750 Metro?

I can filter the vlans that I want from the q-in-q tunnel?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As specified never had such a need to recommend this feature to our customers.

SInce you wanted a pointer is this possible I interpreted the feature for you, and how it works.

If you are having any specific problem in testing this in the lab do elaborate so can help you. As this feature is meant to work.

And no the 3750 will not support Double tagged traffic where you want to change the customer VLAN using the grouping you can only change the outer Vlan. And you need to keep the Internal Inner Vlan = External Inner Vlan.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

"switchport vlan mapping" is more of a feature which helps you overcome translation needs which may arise because of some specific adhoc needs.

IF your design is right in place you may never need to use it.

Now to answer your question about translation, yes its possible on 3750.

This feature on 3750, uses three categories for transaltion

a) single tagged traffic to be translated to a Metro Tag.

b) Double Tagged combination to be transalted only the Metro Tag.

(For Eg: CUVLAN-10 & Outer Vlan 100 <--> Translated to CUVLAN10 and Outer Vlan 200)

c) Double Tagged combination to be translated both tags.

(For Eg: CUVLAN-10 & Outer Vlan 100 <--> Translated to CUVLAN20 and Outer Vlan 200)

THe conversion is almost like NAT, where the original values are used to switch traffic only on the local switch and the new converted values are used beyond the 3750 in your Metro.

Now here is the link to configure the same.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750m/12225seg/3750mcr/cli3.htm#wp1926065

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Did you already used this in real 3750?

It is possible to extract a customer vlan, like,

vlan10 outter100, change this to vlan30

and another vlans like

vlan500 outter100, leave unchanged

?

As specified never had such a need to recommend this feature to our customers.

SInce you wanted a pointer is this possible I interpreted the feature for you, and how it works.

If you are having any specific problem in testing this in the lab do elaborate so can help you. As this feature is meant to work.

And no the 3750 will not support Double tagged traffic where you want to change the customer VLAN using the grouping you can only change the outer Vlan. And you need to keep the Internal Inner Vlan = External Inner Vlan.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: