Views
Helpful
Replies

EoMPLS QoS

raj.panchal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to deploy QoS for EoMPLS ERS service and would like to offer four Class of Service on a single ERS VC.

I am trying following config on Cisco 7606 Router with SUP720 3BXL and PFC3BXL.

My customer facing port is Gig Ethernet

class-map match-any BestEffort-EoMPLS

match cos 0 7

class-map match-any Business-EoMPLS

match cos 1 2

class-map match-any Multimedia-EoMPLS

match cos 3 4

class-map match-any Realtime-EoMPLS

match cos 5

policy-map EoMPLS

class Realtime-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 5 exceed-action drop

class Multimedia-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 4 exceed-action drop

class Business-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 2 exceed-action drop

class BestEffort-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 0 exceed-action drop

interface Vlan300

no ip address

load-interval 30

xconnect 192.168.196.6 300 encapsulation mpls

service-policy input EoMPLS

end

Problem Statment:

On the 7606 PE ( PE1 ) , I am not able to see any traffic being matched in any of the class , not even in default class (considering that CoS setting from the CE can have problems) . Also on the PE 1 the “show policy-map interface vlan 300” command doesn’t displays that mpls exp bit imposition configuration value though it has been configured on the CLI.

#sh policy-map interface vlan 300

Vlan300

Service-policy input: EoMPLS

class-map: Realtime-EoMPLS (match-any)

Match: cos 5

police :

128000 bps 8000 limit 8000 extended limit

class-map: Multimedia-EoMPLS (match-any)

Match: cos 3 4

police :

class-map: Business-EoMPLS (match-any)

Match: cos 1 2

police :

class-map: BestEffort-EoMPLS (match-any)

Match: cos 0 7

police :

Class-map: class-default (match-any)

0 packets, 0 bytes

30 second offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

Match: any

If any body has deployed such scenarios kindly help me out ..

Also i would like to know if there are any limitations in offering such services

Thanks and Regards

Raj Panchal

2 Replies 2

romccallum
Level 4
Level 4

im afraid the answer here isnt that pleasent. Per VLan queueing in the fashion that you are trying to do is not supported. To do this you need to take a LAN port and loop it to a GE-WAN port (OSM blade). Then you do this kind of queueing on a sub interface on the WAN port. You have just ran into the same issue that i had a year back on the 7600's. Be aware that LAN ports can only offer basic queueing functionality and no more. To do anything fancy at all on the 7600 you always need to loop a lan port to a lan port (or just terminate your traffic onto a WAN port). Hope this helps this im sure it doesnt.

Hi,

If i dont use per vlan queueing , and dedicate a port for my requirment should i be able to do so ? i mean EoMPLS in Port mode. I dont mind sparing a port than looping it to OSM blade for sake of avoiding the complexity.

Also if i go by looping on OSM blade , would i be able ot have queue for each CoS bit i match and convert the same into MPLS EXP bit.

Also .. Can you share the type of Policy u had for OSM blades .. just wanted to know does it meets my requirment

Thanks and regards

Raj