Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L2vpn EVPN from NCS5504 to NCS 540

I'm having issues trying to ping across the mpls network using l2evpn. I have a bunch of devices on the 192.168.248.0/24 network and I'm trying to get them all to communicate with one another. 

I have done the same LAB  between NCS540s or NCS55a2 and it works great. but I'm trying to do it between NCS540 and NCS5504 and I can't get it to work for some reason.   I know the MPLS is working fine because when I try l3vpn with two different subntes it works not matter which type of router I use. But I still having an issue between NCS5504 and NCS540  even though the configuration is identical and I can see macs from the other side   show bgp l2vpn evpn rd 10.0.24.200:5248  and show bgp l2vpn evpn rd 10.0.24.222:5248. See picture attached to see the full topology 

Any help will be appreciated.

See the picture attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From Release 7.4.1 Control word is enabled by default. If the control-word-disable command is not configured, ensure to configure it under EVPN or EVI configuration mode before an upgrade to avoid inconsistent behaviour with routers running before Release 7.4.2.

If you want to enable control-word command for EVPN Bridging feature, then you must configure it only when both the endpoints run Release 7.4.1 or later.

If you want to disable control word command, use control-word-disable before Release 7.8.1, it needed a router to reload to take effect.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

i'm also following this configuration guide strictly with the exception that I'm no using ethernet segments.   https://xrdocs.io/ncs5500/tutorials/bgp-evpn-configuration-ncs-5500-part-3/

foxroot.us
Level 1
Level 1

I have this issue too. I think that the reason for this problem   is  frozen Bridge domain. Please  re-configure your bridge-domain. 

When you say "re-configure your bridge-domain" what exactly you mean?   delete the bridge domain and configure it again or shutdown and no shut?

foxroot.us
Level 1
Level 1

Delete the bridge-domain commit, then create this bridge domain again.

Which are you using load-balance for Ethernet-segment ? (active-active or single-active) 

From Release 7.4.1 Control word is enabled by default. If the control-word-disable command is not configured, ensure to configure it under EVPN or EVI configuration mode before an upgrade to avoid inconsistent behaviour with routers running before Release 7.4.2.

If you want to enable control-word command for EVPN Bridging feature, then you must configure it only when both the endpoints run Release 7.4.1 or later.

If you want to disable control word command, use control-word-disable before Release 7.8.1, it needed a router to reload to take effect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: