Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS CBTS TE - Tunnel not routing EXP properly

dan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are working on TE within our MPLS environment and want to employ CBTS.  I have configured this according to the "MPLS Traffic Engineering: Class-based Tunnel Selection" doc.  The tunnels are up but do not seem to be recognizing the configured EXP values.  I have setup TEST polic-maps so I can verify the packets have the proper EXP set in the label but the tunnels just seem to be totally disregarding it.  I have attached the config for review.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Notes:

These are P to P tunnels.  We are using 7206VXRs  with the c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T3.bin image.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Daniel,

>> These are P to P tunnels.  We are using 7206VXRs  with the c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T3.bin image.

my guess is that the trouble is in the first sentence (unless it is a typing error), PE nodes are the ones that can choice what LSP to use for sending traffic.

P nodes are internal to the MPLS cloud.

you are referring to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_te_tun_select_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1056269

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: