MPLS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

Hi,My customer is on H-VPLS and many sites are dual homed to different UPEs. I want to avoid any layer 2 loop in this switched HVPLS network. As the same set of MAC can be learned by two different UPEs.Has anyone implemented STP in HVPLS domain in MP...

1. as per my understanding about the OSPF downbit, this bit is set by the receiving PE router that redistributes the route from MP-iBGP to OSPF.just read the following from MPLS-Fundamentals:"The PE2-AS1 router receives the external (O E1) OSPF route...

I've read about the option to offer vpn and internet services in the same MPLS network.The question is if I offer both services to one client, using the same CE, does both of them have the same bandwidth.I'm going to give and example to explain mysel...

Hello!I'm trying to set up a Multicast VPN and encountered the following problem:Given a single-protocol IPv4-only VRF I have the possibility to configure this:      PE1(config)#ip vrf VRF123     PE1(config-vrf)#mdt default 239.232.0.0When I upgrade ...

Hi All I  would like to design the MPLS VPN for a Corporation with around current estimate 500+ to eventual maximum of  1500 agencies or branches around The Corporation will own all the infrustucture has already been allocated fiber and leased line t...

cm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need help choosing a MPLS Customer Edge Router. I was thinking about the cisco 800 series, but using the feature navigator I could not find out if the ios has mpls capabilities. ¿Which is the smallest and cheapest Cisco Router with MPLS Capabili...

Hello,As I wrote in a previous discussion, I'm planning to deploy a MPLS network with VPN capabilities.My question is, is it really necessary to have a router on every client?? Does it has to be a specific router? What features does a customer edge n...

Hello,Im trying to setup a simple one PE two CE, mpls vpn network. Im using an example from a document called Configuring MPLS Layer 3 VPN. The problem is that the example provided is for one CE, I'm having trouble when adding the second CE. My probl...

Hi,Always believed MPLS only runs on IS-IS and OSPF as backbone IGP. Is it possible to use EIGRP as a backbone IGP as well?My customer uses EIGRP right now and we want to migrate VRF-lite to a real MPLS cloud. Can I re-use EIGRP?Best regards,Peter

Hi All,         I know i can run MPLS on 2611xm series router but for some strange reason, i have downloaded three different versions of IOS from Cisco's site, yet none could run MPLS.In the list of supported protocols from the downloaded IOSs, MPLS ...

Please help, I'm having trouble understanding the reason for MPLS label filtering, specifically the use of the match mpls-label and set mpls-label commands.My understanding is that (using these commands in a route map) you can filter MPLS tagged IPv4...

Hi,I'm considering a MetroEthernet and MPLS network. The main reason for using MPLS is the VPN capabilities.I was thinking about using the Cisco 3750 Metro Switch, it supports MPLS and EoMPLS.So the plan is to deploy about four Metro 3750 in the begi...

Is TE able to detect high latency on a circuit? I understand is solve problems like efficient use of all avaliable bandwidth based on RSVP but how about long distant links with increasing latency over time? Will TE detect that?

Top Solution Authors