Views
Helpful
Replies

Mpls label switching query

ashishpanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am simulating a simple scenario in the LAB. Two routers connected back to back with a framerealay PVC. Ethernet interfaces UP. Ethernet and Loop back in the routers are advertised by OSPF. OSPF and LDP router ID are the Loop back IDs

Every thing works fine but when I see in the MPLS forwarding table there is no outgoing label allocated to the ehernet interfaces in both the routers where there is a pop label for the loop back interfaces. I am expecting the routers to advertise an implicit null for all connected networks so that i get POP labels for both loopback and ethernet.

Am i going wrong any where. Please suggest.

Attached is some command o/p from both the routers

regards

Ashish

5 Replies 5

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ashish,

This doesn't look normal indeed. Can you attach the configuration files for both routers.

Thanks,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

One thing that jumps to mind, are you doing label filtering? This would be accomplished with the following command:

mpls ldp advertised-label for

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi,

Ya you are right. Lable filtring was configured and unfortunately the ethernet subnets were out of range of the filter.

thanks again for your help

regards

Ashish

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. the router configurations are attached for your verification

regards

Ashish

Which ethernet interfaces are you refering to? your access-list 1 on both routers does not allow label-mapping of ethernet interface's prefix to be advertised out ...