Views
Helpful
Replies

PCEP with IOS XRv 9000 and Opendaylight

voxnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running a lab with some XRv9000 (v7.3.1) and an Opendaylight controller (v13.1 (Aluminium)).

The goal is to push a Segment Routing LSP from the PCE over the IOS XRv, which is working.

However when querying my controller for the PCEP topology database, sometimes I get one (or multiple) LSP found and sometimes I get no LSP found at all.

This is pretty much annoying since the controller thinks there is no LSP so it can't be modified.

I have taken PCAP traces at the controller and I have noticed that when it's not working the IOS XRv9000 is actually sending something a bit different. There is an extra TLV field in the PCEP Report in the LSP object message which contains the following (see screenshot enclosed as well):

Unknown TLV (65505)

Type: Unknown

Length: 6

Data: 000007d0c000

Padding: 0000

Since Wireshark seems not able to identify this TLV, does anyone could help understanding what this TLV is used for and why this could potentially make Opendaylight not to accept this Report message ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Benjamin

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: