cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pseudowire between two subinterfaces on same router?

random_camden
Level 1
Level 1

Can I setup a Pseudowire between to subinterfaces on the same router (7206).

We take multiple VLAN's from a carrier over a trunk connection. I want to be able to pseudowire between two of these sub-ifs (and then apply some form of vlan translation??) to allow layer2 devices on one vlan to talk to layer2 devices on another vlan.

Reason for this is that the two circuits from the carrier are point-to-point and need to be delivered as different VLAN.

Thanks in advance

N.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't need MPLS (or AtoM in general) but simply L2 local switching.

Have a look at this page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/fslocal.html

regards,

Riccardo

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

random_camden
Level 1
Level 1

Having done some more reading on this, I think that as long as I'm using "encapsulation mpls" within the pseudowire config, then the router's MPLS functionality will figure out which LDP peer to send traffic to, even if it's the same device.

Does that sound about right?

You don't need MPLS (or AtoM in general) but simply L2 local switching.

Have a look at this page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/fslocal.html

regards,

Riccardo

Thanks Riccardo.

That's EXACTLY what I was after. Have tested it on GNS3 and all working.

Our production environment is 7206VXRs, running c7200-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T4.bin.

We have PortChannel subinterfaces that we want to connect and it appears the 7200 only supports L2 Local Switching on physical interfaces.

I've found that the Cisco 12000 series supports L2 local switching, but does anyone know if there's any IOS that will allow me to do this on a 7206VXR ??

not sure if I understood correctly; on 7200 it does not work on any type of subinterfaces or just on portchannel subinterfaces?

Riccardo

On a 7200, it works on Ethernet interfaces & subinterfaces, but not on a port-channel interface (or subinterface).

At least with the IOS we have.

Hi,

7200 does not support EoMPLS off a portchannel subinterfaces.

That's what I feared. Thanks for the answer

yep, from what I saw L2 local switching works only on physical sub-interfaces not on portchannel subinterfaces.

you might ask your local account team to ask for the feature.

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: