cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pseudowire same VLAN multiple instances

Luke Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I am partnering with another service provider and they use a single VLAN for their management and we are about to turn a second connection. To get the VLAN's they need, I've been doing an ethernet pseudowire via MPLS to the respective switch within my network. However, as they are using the same VLAN for their management is there a way to allow the same VLAN to multple xconnect's? The config I currently have setup is below, but this new endpoint is on a different switch in my network, so from the egress standpoint I would need to change the xconnect IP, but I still need to maintain the connection on that VLAN to x.x.x.x.

The egress

interface TenGigabitEthernet0/2
description DIA
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
switchport mode trunk
mtu 1600
load-interval 30
service instance 107 ethernet
description mgmt VLAN
encapsulation dot1q 107
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
xconnect x.x.x.x 107 encapsulation mpls
!

The endpoint side:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
switchport mode trunk
mtu 1600
load-interval 30
service instance 107 ethernet
description mgmt VLAN
encapsulation dot1q 107
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
xconnect y.y.y.y 107 encapsulation mpls
!

2 Replies 2

rehernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Luke,

Maybe separate services instace in bridge domains could you use the same vlan (as H-VPLS), see the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/mp_l2_vpns/configuration/xe-3s/mp-l2-vpns-xe-3s-book/mp-vpls.html#GUID-E1644536-F215-42CA-9232-7E4832D54757

Regards

Yes this could work, if I had layer 3 capabilities but I am only a layer 2 provider in this instance. I don't have CE access, I'm just providing the "last mile" to the end customer and their purchasing provider. 

I actually have that working elsewhere in my network where I have the ability to provide layer 3 to the end customer.