cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunneling RSVP LSP from a customer to the PE's VRF interface.

yuchenglai
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to tunnel an RSVP LSP from the CE to the PE's vrf interface?

Thanks,

DL

8 Replies 8

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

MPLS TE is not supported between the PE and the CE. Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi Harold,

I was trying to see if I could signal an RSVP-TE LSP originating from a regional customer carrier towards a VRF interface of a Carrier's Carrier PE1 and then out of the VRF interface of the Carrier's Carrier PE2 on the other side, then down to a regional customer carrier on the other end....

Is this possible?

Hi David,

As I mentionned before, it is not possible in the context of L3VPN. In the context of L2VPN though, you can definitely do it, as the PEs would just carry the L2 circuit and would not be involved with the customers MPLS TE LSP.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Harold,

Thanks for your insight.  That's exactly what I thought initially.

Harold

If a SP have remote POP that is connect over a CSC how can this POP router connect back to the SP over CSC using mpls-te RSVP signaled ? cisco call this virtual PE and I thought this can be done using inter AS TE with explicit loose hops list !! If not how it can be done

Also do u have a link describe how this can be setup if it's l2vpn as u sated above

Hi,

CSC and MPLS TE could be use in conjunction but not on the PE of the provider delivering the CSC service. I have see very few SP offering CSC services over the last couple of years, which would explain why this functionality has not been developed.

With l2vpn, the wire you receive from your SP can be used to do whatever you want, including running mpls te over it.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

One more thing, I doubt that any Tier-1 SP would allow their customers to signal MPLS TE LSP through their core. Is that the level of control you were referrring to?

I found this draft though that seems to offer some functionality that you would want to see.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-balaji-mpls-csc-te-lsp-splice-02

Is this more in line with what you are asking?

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

thanks for the link

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: