Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunneling trunk through L2MPLS VPN

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dear All ,

I created a L2tunnel between two of my PE's and it  is working fine . The Vlans are configured in dot1Q sub interfaces and then it is connected to trunk port of the switch . From the switch i can ping the other side PC ,so the l2 tunnel is working fine

Now my question is whether is there is any way to tunnel multiple VLAN through this ? I mean can we tunnel trunk link through the mentioned config or with xconnect command ?

l2tp-class test

password 0 test@test

pseudowire-class test

encapsulation l2tpv3

protocol l2tpv3 test

ip local interface Loopback1

sh l2tun

LocID      RemID      TunID      Username, Intf/      State  Last Chg Uniq ID

Vcid, Circuit

19216      25023      49489      101, Gi6/1.101:101   est    1w1d     15

3 Replies 3

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

No reply

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Haris,

You want to carry the entire trunk across the network by using port based eompls. You simply need to configure the xconnect under the physical (main) interface instead of the subinterface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SY/configuration/guide/eompls.html

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

another option it might be done by using QinQ at the CE edge to tunnel the trunk under one VLAN ID and at the PE you can tunnel this vlan over L2VPN using one VLAN ID this similar concept to H-VPLS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: