Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF,LDP and MPLS

Dear Folks,

I am preparin for hte cisco certifications in service provider field, Please help me in the following.

I have a network scenario shown below. A diagram also attached in jpeg format.

f0/0        f0/0

R5<-------------->R6

|f1/0               f1/0 |

|                            |

| f1/0                f1/0|

R7                      R8

f0/0| f0/1              f0/0|f0/1

|          |                |            |

f0/0     |          | f0/1         | f0/0     |  f0/1

R11         R12       R13       R14   

R5,R6,R7 and R8 are running ospf as igp and mpls in them with ldp enabled with the interfaces connected, i.e..., ospf and mpls is running in R5f0/0 and f1/0, R6 f0/0 and f1/0, R7 f1/0. and R8 f1/0.

R7s f0/0 is in vrf ABC and f0/1 is in vrf XYZ and the same way R8 f0/0 in vrf ABC and f0/1 in vrf XYZ.

between R7 f0/0 and R11 f0/0 with a vrf ABC there is ospf as a igp and   between R7 f0/1 and R12 f0/1 there is a vrf XYZ with ospf as a IGP in the same way with R8 f0/0, R13 f0/0 and R8 f0/1and R14 f0/1.

There is no BGP running in between R7 and R8, it is only ospf and mpls can R11 communicate with R13 and R12 with R14.

If not is BGP is a must criteria, please explain. I have also attached a jpeg diagram which clearly illustrates the view,I am very sorry that i cannot insert the page in the discussion I am getting the error.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fragilemahinder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In your case BGP is must why ? beacuse you have Transport Label  from PE-PE but  VRF Aware route in PE will not have IGP  extended attribute capability  to carry vrf aware route as it is in BGP or more precise MP-BGP..

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

fragilemahinder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In your case BGP is must why ? beacuse you have Transport Label  from PE-PE but  VRF Aware route in PE will not have IGP  extended attribute capability  to carry vrf aware route as it is in BGP or more precise MP-BGP..

Thanks Mahinder.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Dear Mahinder and Folks,

Can you please help me in this?

In which scenario I can make it work with out BGP or MP-BGP

Regards
Thanveer

Hi,

You can use VRF aware tunnel all the way from one PE to another PE .. and  in PE a default route or static vrf Aware route entry like  " ip route vrf A

and default or static route entiries in CE also to forawad traffic to PE ..

this will tranparently forward all your traffic  all the way to PE- PE with out mpls in Core

Regards

Mahinder Singh

Thanks Mahider

Regards
Thanveer