Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF-lite

Can someone please help me with the configuration of vrf-lite both at CE and PE. I am using eigrp as routing protocol between my CE and PE.

17 Replies 17

Taking a closer look at the output given from this host : Perimeter.CNTR.Edge-Data

Route Distinguisher: 50:200 (default for vrf Global.Services)

*> 8.8.9.8/32 0.0.0.0 0 32768 ?

Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path

*> 172.18.4.20/30 0.0.0.0 0 32768 ?

*> 206.113.135.64/30

0.0.0.0 0 32768 ?

This doesnt have the local routes of your customer VRF's like 8.8.5.8, 8.8.2.8 and the reason i suspect is this config on the global services vrf.

ip vrf Global.Services

description Perimeter Center Global IP Services

rd 50:200

route-target export 50:200

route-target export 22:100 <--------you are exporting this, but you should be importing.

route-target export 25:100 <--------you are exporting this, but you should be importing.

route-target import 50:200

Once you change the above RT to import the local routing on this device between all the connected VRF's should happen fine.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Thanks for the information. I no longer have access to the equipment. But was dogged by why this configuration wouldn't work. From my general understanding, coming from a logical perspective the Global Services VRF Should be importing routes from the targeted VRF's it intends to provide "services" to, in this case internet. While the export map shown earlier should be configured on the ip vrf Global.Services export map for return routes heading toward the VRF's recieving internet connectivity from the Global.Services VRF.

Hi, Martin and Mohammed

Can you use 2x VRF-Lite enabled routers or L3 switches to make a P-2-P WAN connection without PEs in between. And just use the two vrf-lite routers to provide the routing segregation, no MPLS LDP, etc?

Thanks.