cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Xconnect Question

Garry Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

We have just setup a mpls network between 2 datacentres, and now I need to configure xconnect as I have some layer 2 requirements.

We have 2 nexus 9364 in a vpc pair connected to 2 catalyst 9500 that are not setup as a pair.  See the diagram.

My question is will the design I have done work, or will this cause issues.

As I have always understood that etherchannels need to match both ends but I cannot setup this on the 9500's because of the way the vendor designed this initially.

My xconnect config is on both 9500

description *** LINK TO DC-N9K-01 | Eth1/22 | L2-Extenstion ***
no switchport
no ip address
no keepalive
xconnect 10.*.,*.* 101 encapsulation mpls

Am I missing something ad this is what the vendor suggested but when I tried to implement the it failed, and caused a network outage .

TIA

1 Reply 1

filopeter
Level 1
Level 1

In addition to MTU issues, you may have an issue with LACP protocol over MPLS support on Catalyst 9500

Before 17.6.1

Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) packets are not forwarded over Ethernet-over-MPLS Pseudowire, as these are processed by the local PE.

After 17.6.x

Starting with the Cisco IOS XE Bengaluru 17.6.1 release, you can forward Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) packets over Ethernet-over-MPLS Pseudowire in the Port mode.