Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x and Mab same policy

JonathanC1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I’ve got a specific use case whereby we need to use peap-mschapv2 and add a condition where by the device has to be in a endpoint identity group by mac. 

For example the workflow - User connects to wireless with an ssid that is 802.1x enabled and then authenticated like usual with peap + mschapv2. The authorisation policy then needs to to include the group they are in AD I.e domain users AND also the device needs to be an endpoint identity group with their MAC address. They then get the authorisation result I.e Permit. 

Is this possible or am I overthinking 

BW

Jon

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create an authentication policy with AD as identity source and in the authorization policy put endpoint group as the condition. This should cover your scenario

View solution in original post

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. You should have just tried it.  8-)

image.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create an authentication policy with AD as identity source and in the authorization policy put endpoint group as the condition. This should cover your scenario

So can’t do both with the condition? E.g if user is in a certain group in ad. Thx 

authentication would be one of the conditions to get to the policies IE, user is a user in AD, then use the conditions in the policy rules to verify any group membership etc.

Example for us is for a wireless device to go on internal network, we have ISE keep a record of devices themselves and call to check that the MAC is a domain PC with the WasMachineAuthenticated.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 152846.jpg

If, you are looking to check both in AD, you can do EAP chaining, but that will just check a user and that it's a domain PC, not check for specific groups.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. You should have just tried it.  8-)

image.png