Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x sh auth does not display any active session

getaway51
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am runnning in monitor mode means "no access-session closed" applied on the template of the switch.

However when I  run "sh auth br", there was no active sessions. Is it because the switch is in monitor mode? 

4 Replies 4

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the switch should still show live sessions for Monitor Mode. I would suggest checking that you have all of the necessary AAA and IBNS 2.0 settings configured as per the best practices documented in the ISE Secure Wired Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide.

getaway51
Level 2
Level 2

All switches configured with the correct same script. The ports are configured with dot1x template and sh int status shows port connected. However sh auth br or show access-session display no live sessions. All switches configured with the same script. Some has this issue-no live sessions. Some no issue- shows live sessions.Not sure wht is causing this. Is there any troubleshooting cmd to find out whts happening like sh dot1x, etc. I tried sh auth br, sh dot1x, sh access-session but no clue. 

You have not shared any details about your environment (switch hardware/software versions, ISE version, configuration examples, screenshots, diagrams, etc).
See How to Ask the Community for Help for seeking future assistance from the Community.

Here is a troubleshooting guide for the Cat 9000 switches, if that is relevant to your environment. Troubleshooting using debugs can be difficult if you don't know what to look for, so you might be better off opening a TAC case for help investigating the issue.
Troubleshoot Dot1x on Catalyst 9000 Series Switches 

getaway51
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I attached the switch dot1x config. Pls help to advice wht needs to be done. Only output is No sessions match supplied criteria and
No Auth Manager presence on this interface. Pls help!!!

sh auth br
No sessions currently exist

sh auth session int Gi1/0/12
No sessions match supplied criteria.
No Auth Manager presence on this interface

sh auth session int Gi1/0/12 det
No sessions match supplied criteria.