Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 Dynamic VLAN assignment - voice vlan issue

ThibaultMean
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I want to configure the Voice VLAN assignment through ACS, I go to Policy Elements> Autorizations and Permissions> Network Profiles then on the common task page select Voice VLAN > Static as per the picture below

untitled.bmp

Then configure configure the VLAN ID > Static > VLAN_number

But this only enables the Voice VLAN and set it to the VLAN_number, the DATA VLAN will remain unchanged and not configured.

So my question is, is there a way to configure both the voice (and enable it) AND the DATA VLAN?

i tried to manually add RADIUS attributes for a second VLAN but it is not allowed.

Any idea?

Regards,

Thibault.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thibault,

Why would you like to configure both data and voice on the same authorization profile?

If this config is to be used for a MDA (Multi-domain) config on the switch, then take into account that the IP phone and the data client will have to go through separate authentication sessions.

Given this, you should rather configure two different autz profiles and configure different rules in the authorization policy that apply the "voice" profile to the IP phones and the "data" profile to the data clients.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Federico

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thibault,

Why would you like to configure both data and voice on the same authorization profile?

If this config is to be used for a MDA (Multi-domain) config on the switch, then take into account that the IP phone and the data client will have to go through separate authentication sessions.

Given this, you should rather configure two different autz profiles and configure different rules in the authorization policy that apply the "voice" profile to the IP phones and the "data" profile to the data clients.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Federico

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hello Frederico,

Actually your right, it's not a config issue, it's an approach issue.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Regards,

Thibault.

Hello,

how can i configure my authorization profile to get one tagged vlan and on untagged vlan when i connect my ip-phone ?

i want to connect an pc directly to the phone ? so i need one tagged port for voice and one untagged vlan for data.

is this possible ?

thanks

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: