Helpful
Replies

ACS migration tool fails

r.spiandorello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, running the migration tool, I receive the following request:

Make sure that the database is running.

ACS 4.x DB is not available, Enter ACS 4.x database password(Encrypted Password)

:[******]

With the plain database password, used during the ACS installation,  I receive a fatal error message at the end of the procedure like this: "Fatal Error !! - cannot connect to ACS 4.x DB !!"

Where can I find the ACS encrypted database password ?

Following the migration log:

10-07-2011 11:41:31 MigrationApplicationCLI.getUserInformation(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:953)ERROR - Could not Invoke ACS 4 Password read system.Error at C:\Work\ACS5x\ccweb_views\dgash_acs5_0_lenovo\vob\nm_acs\acs\mgmt\migration\DbPassword\Password.c line 1265, API calle

10-07-2011 11:46:52 MigrationApplicationCLI.getUserInformation(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:953)ERROR - Could not Invoke ACS 4 Password read system.Error at C:\Work\ACS5x\ccweb_views\dgash_acs5_0_lenovo\vob\nm_acs\acs\mgmt\migration\DbPassword\Password.c line 1265, API calle

10-07-2011 11:58:08 JavaUtils.isAttachmentSupported(JavaUtils.java:1308) WARN - Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.

10-07-2011 11:58:28 ACS4Connector.checkDBConnectivity(ACS4Connector.java:137)FATAL -  Fatal Error !! - cannot connect to ACS 4.x DB !!

java.sql.SQLException: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Invalid user ID or password

at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.makeODBCConnection(Native Method)

at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.connect(IDriver.java:354)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.ACS4Connector.getConnecter(ACS4Connector.java:66)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.ACS4Connector.checkDBConnectivity(ACS4Connector.java:133)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.runExport(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:605)

at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.main(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:266)

I'm running the migration tool on a clone VMware machine, from the console.

thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Date Created: 08-NOV-2011 02:47 PM Created By: James, Edward C(EDWJAMES,338460) Migrated the 4.x database to 5.x 

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Date Created: 08-NOV-2011 02:47 PM Created By: James, Edward C(EDWJAMES,338460) Migrated the 4.x database to 5.x 

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Hello, i have the same issue, migration utility can get acs4.x database password, entering the correct password does not change the errror message: "05-07-2014 16:19:41 MigrationApplicationCLI.getUserInformation(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:953)ERROR - Could not Invoke ACS 4 Password read system.Error at C:\Work\ACS5x\ccweb_views\dgash_acs5_0_lenovo\vob\nm_acs\acs\mgmt\migration\DbPassword\Password.c line 1265, API calle"

It seems that there is somewhere in the scripts a coded path to "C:\Work\ACS5x\ccweb_views\dgash_acs5_0_lenovo\vob\nm_acs\acs\mgmt\migration\DbPassword\Password.c"

tried to search within the files in the migration utility directory, but no success.

Does anybody know the answer?

regards

Thomas